If you have compared Apple Music with Spotify, or any other streaming service, such as Tidal or Deezer, and think that you would be better off ditching Apple Music and going to another service, this article is for you.
On this page, we describe the six main methods to cancel your Apple Music subscription on any device, so no matter your situation, we got you covered. We’ll walk you through how to cancel it while keeping your carefully cultivated music collection intact even after leaving the service.
You can check the methods below according to the device you are using to cancel your Apple Music subscription properly:
- What You Should Know Before Canceling Apple Music
- Things to Know After Canceling Apple Music
- Cancelar Apple Music no iPhone
- Cancel Apple Music Using The App
- Cancel Apple Music on iMac or Macbook
- Cancel Apple Music in iTunes or on a PC
- Cancel Apple Music on Android
- Transfer Apple Music playlist to Spotify or Any Other Service
What You Should Know Before Canceling Apple Music
Information to have before canceling your subscription
While canceling, you might be prompted to enter or confirm your Apple ID account. Keep that in mind and make sure you know your login credentials to your Apple account or have it ready.
Do I need to wait until the end of the subscription billing cycle to cancel Apple Music?
You should know that there is no need to wait till the day before the next billing day to cancel Apple Music. You can just cancel your Apple Music Subscription now, and you can still access it until the next billing date. That is to say, if you get an Apple Music trial, you can cancel it now and still be able to enjoy Apple Music for 3 months free of charge.
If I cancel Apple Music what happens to my playlists?
It’s important to know that if you cancel your Apple Music subscription, you will lose access to your entire music library (playlists, liked songs, artists, albums, etc.), which can be a pain in the hear. So, make sure to either back up your account or transfer all your library to another streaming service before canceling your Apple Music subscription.
However, we highly recommend importing all your Apple Music library to a file just in case you will never subscribe to Apple Music again. Whenever you subscribe to another music service, you can easily import all your playlists or entire music library via the file. Tune My Music allows you to export Apple Music to TXT or CSV. In this way, you will never lose your music playlists. What’s more, you can also use TuneMymusic to upload this file to any music platform with our service.
Things to Know After Canceling Apple Music
Acessar Apple Music Após Cancelar Assinatura
After canceling Apple Music subscription, you can still access it until the next billing day. During the time before your Apple Music membership expires, you will get notified to resubscribe to Apple Music in order to keep your music. If you are determined to leave Apple Music, there is a way to keep your music library. Just read on.
Após sua assinatura terminar
As músicas que você fez o download em seu catálogo Apple Music serão removidas de todos os seus aparelhos. As músicas que você comprou no iTunes serão removidas do seu aparelho, mas você poderá fazer o download sem precisar pagar novamente.
Unlike Spotify, Apple Music does not provide a free version (check the full comparison between Apple Music and Spotify). All playlists you created become inaccessible after the cancellation. As mentioned before, if you want to keep all your playlists or transfer your entire music collection to another music streaming service, TuneMyMusic is here to help you.
By the way, if you are planning on creating some new playlists or even changing the names of your current ones but it’s not feeling creative? Check out our article “The Best of The Best Playlist Names Ideas.” You can find lists of cool playlist name ideas for different occasions and purposes and even have a tutorial on how to come up with your own names.
If I rejoin Apple Music will I get my music back?
Your playlists, music collections, and downloaded music will be gone. The only case you will have some music is for those songs you paid via iTunes and other ways, and you had the right to it, but the songs you simply liked and your favorite artist list will not be accessible anymore.
In some cases, as you know, iCloud Music Library allows you to access your entire iTunes library. If you have added your own music to iCloud Music Library, they will stay in there, but you cannot access them until you re-subscribe to Apple Music.
If I cancel Apple Music, do I lose the music I downloaded?
If you cancel your subscription, all the downloaded music will also be gone, and you won’t have access to it anymore. That’s why we recommend backing up the songs you have downloaded with Tune My Music, so when you resubscribe to Apple Music or move to another music streaming service, you can have the songs you downloaded back again.
How To Cancel Apple Music Subscription on iPhone
A primeira forma de cancelar a sua assinatura da Apple Music é através do seu iPhone. E o processo é o mesmo para cancelar de um iPad.
- 1. Navigate to your settings from either your Home screen or App Library screen.
- 2. Next you will click on your profile photo.
- 3. On the next screen, you will see “Subscriptions” as the fourth option below your name and Apple ID.
- 4. On the Subscription’s page you will see both your Active and Inactive subscriptions. You’ll select Apple Music under the Active list.
- 5. Then you should see “Cancel Subscription” in red. Tap “Cancel Subscription” and then you’ll also need to click “Confirm” in order to finalize your cancellation.
Poderá ser necessário confirmar a sua conta Apple durante o process de cancelamento de sua assinatura. Então tenha certeza de ter as suas credenciais de acesso a conta Apple.
How To Cancel via Apple Music App
- 1. Navigate to your Apple Music app from either your Home screen or App Library screen.
- 2. Select “Listen Now” at the bottom of the screen.
- 3. When you’re on the Listen Now screen, you’ll see a profile graphic or your profile picture at the top near the words “Listen Now.” You will tap that image.
- 4. Your “Account” screen will load once you’ve tapped the profile option.
- 5. On this screen you will want to tap “Manage Subscription.” It should be the fourth option down from the top of the screen.
- 6. Then you should see “Cancel Subscription” in red. Tap “Cancel Subscription” and then you’ll also need to click “Confirm” in order to finalize your cancellation.
How To Cancel Apple Music on iMac or Macbook
Há três formas diferentes de cancelar a sua assinatura Apple Music em seus aparelhos MacOs, como o iMac ou Macbook. Nós iremos te mostrar os passos dessas três formas a seguir.
Cancelando Através de Ajutes ou Preferências
- 1. On your macOS home screen, click the Apple icon in the top left corner of your screen.
- 2. A menu will drop down after you click the icon. You’ll want to select “System Settings” from this menu.
- 3. Once on the System Settings screen, you’ll click the profile picture by your name.
- 4. Next you’ll see the “Apple ID” screen. On this screen you will select “Media and Purchases.”
- 5. From there you’ll want to select the “manage” option next to “Subscriptions.”
- 6. On the “Manage Subscriptions” page you will see both Active and Expired subscriptions.
- 7. Under the “Active” subscriptions you should see your “Apple Music” app. Next to the app you will see “Next Billing Date” and the “Edit” option. You will want to click on the “Edit” option.
- 8. On the next screen, you will see the option to “Cancel Subscription.” Tap “Cancel Subscription” and then you’ll also need to click “Confirm” in order to finalize your cancellation.
Cancelando Assinatura Através do Aplicativo Apple Music
- 1. Navigate to your Apple Music app from either your Desktop screen or Dock or Launchpad
- 2. Next, you’ll select “Account” which should be in your top left hand menu on your screen.
- 3. From the dropdown menu you will need to click on “Account Settings.”
- 4. Your “Account” screen will load after you click the “Account Settings” option from the dropdown menu..
- 5. On this screen you will want to scroll down to the “Settings” section.
- 6. Then next to Subscriptions you will need to click “Manage.”
- 7. On the “Manage Subscriptions” page you will see both Active and Expired subscriptions.
- 8. Under the “Active” subscriptions you should see your “Apple Music” app. Next to the app you will see “Next Billing Date” and the “Edit” option. You will want to click on the “Edit” option.
- 9. On the next screen, you will see the option to “Cancel Subscription.” Tap “Cancel Subscription” and then you’ll also need to click “Confirm” in order to finalize your cancellation.
Cancelando Assinatura Através da App Store ou Loja de Aplicativos Apple
- 1. Open the App Store app
- 2. Click your name. If you can’t find your name, click “Sign In.”
- 3. Click Account Settings
- 4. Scroll to Manage, then next to Subscriptions click Manage.
- 5. On the “Manage Subscriptions” page you will see both Active and Expired subscriptions.
- 6. Under the “Active” subscriptions you should see your “Apple Music” app. Next to the app you will see “Next Billing Date” and the “Edit” option. You will want to click on the “Edit” option.
- 7. On the next screen, you will see the option to “Cancel Subscription.” Tap “Cancel Subscription” and then you’ll also need to click “Confirm” in order to finalize your cancellation.
How To Cancel Apple Music on iTunes or a PC
Você também pode finalizar a assinatura do seu plano da Apple Music através do iTunes em seu Windows PC ou Mac. Apenas siga as instruções abaixo para efetuar o cancelamento.
- 1. Launch iTunes on your computer or Mac. If you don’t have iTunes installed, you can visit support.apple.com/downloads/itunes to learn how to download iTunes for Windows.
- 2. From the menu bar at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account, then choose View My Account.
- 3. Now input your Apple ID password and Click Sign In. This will take you to your Apple ID account page.
- 4. Scroll all the way down to Settings section. To the right of Subscriptions, Click Manage.
- 5. Now you should see all the active subscriptions for your Apple ID. If you have other active subscription other than Apple Music, then click Apple Music Membership. Then you can click Cancel Subscription and it will give you a pop-up asking for confirmation.
How To Cancel Apple Music on Android
- 1. Install Apple Music on your Android phone if you don’t have it, and then launch it.
- 2. Sign in to your Apple account. Then tap on the three-dot icon in the top-right corner and select Account Settings.
- 3. In the Account Settings page, select Manage Membership.
- 4. Now just tap on Cancel Subscription or Cancel Trial to end your Apple Music Membership.
Transfer Apple Music playlist to Spotify or Any Other Service
If you decide to switch to another music streaming service, for example, Spotify, you can convert Apple Music playlist to Spotify for free with TuneMyMusic. No login is required. You can transfer your entire music library including playlists, albums, and artists to Spotify in one go.
This is how TuneMyMusic works for transferring your entire music library from Apple Music to any music streaming service:
- 1. Choose a source (i.e., Apple Music) from where you want to get your music library and give TuneMyMusic access. You can always revoke our access to our site or the music service site.
- 2. Select what to transfer – we support your favorite songs, artists, albums, and curated playlists.
- 3. Choose the destination music service to which you will be transferring your library (i.e., Spotify). In this step, you can also select the “Export to file” option at the end of the list so you can back up your entire music collection and have it safely stored on your computer.
- 4. Done! your Playlists will be transferred automatically to your preferred platform or saved in your computer.
Pretty simple and easy! Now you have your music library safely transfered and secure so you don’t lose it once you cancel your Apple Music library.
For tips like this and much more, check now our How-To page with the best articles on learning new tricks and tutorials to take the best out of your music listening experience from your favorite music platforms.