Imagine getting stuck on how to share a Spotify playlist after creating one that slaps real good.
Hey! We got you. It doesn’t matter if you want to share your Spotify playlist on Whatsapp, Instagram, Discord or your blog, we covered every detail in this article on how to Share a playlist on Spotify.
What’s even better?
The guide is simple and includes steps for both mobile and desktop Spotify apps. If you are prepared to show everyone how badass your music taste is, keep reading.
In this article, you’ll find:
- How to share Spotify playlist: Quick guide
- The concept of a playlist
- How to share Spotify playlist
- Why should I use TuneMyMusic
- How to put your Spotify playlist on private
- Spotify not working? Try these fixes!
- Final thoughts
How to share a Spotify playlist: Quick guide
- 1. Open your Spotify app
- 2. Click on Your Library
- 3. Select a playlist
- 4. Click on the three dots beside the Add user icon.
- 5. Select Share from the list.
- 6. Copy link or share on social media.
Keep reading to know how to share a Spotify playlist on different platforms including WhatsApp, Twitter, Discord, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Additionally, you’ll also learn how to move an exact copy of your Spotify playlist to other music streaming apps like Apple Music, Deezer, YouTube Music using a smart link.
The concept of a playlist
In simple terms, a playlist is a collection of songs or music, either of the same or different genres.
Think of a playlist as a well-crafted menu in your favorite restaurant. On it, you find all kinds of unique dishes and cuisines – the songs – that bring together a variety of flavors, styles, and moods.
Imagine listening to this menu as it evokes nostalgia, love, happiness and even motivation. Music occasionally helps me, for example, in cleaning up my entire room faster.
Just as a menu is designed to cater to different tastes and tribes, one can personalize a playlist to suit their mood or musical preferences.
Popular playlist quotes
“I love arranging my music, not in alphabetical order but by mood, creating playlists for when I have energy and want to work out or go-out party mixes and music to chill out to“ – Natasha Bedingfield (British singer – songwriter)
“You can tell a lot about a person by what’s on their playlist” – Mark Ruffalo (American Actor)
“I always think of each night as a song. Or each moment as a song. But now I’m seeing we don’t live in a single song. We move from song to song, from lyric to lyric, from chord to chord. There’s no ending here. It’s an infinite playlist” – David Levithan (American Author and editor).
How to share a Spotify playlist: 5 foolproof methods
Sharing a playlist you created to anyone shows care and an invitation to experience a unique musical journey with you
However, it’s a no-brainer that you have to first make a playlist on Spotify before distributing it to other people.
Assuming you have already completed the first step, here are the different ways to share your music mixes:
How to share a playlist on Spotify using the Desktop app
Let’s say you’ve been using Spotify on a mobile app your whole life. Now, you’ve switched to a computer and you don’t know how to share your album.
The process of sharing on the desktop app is similar to the mobile application.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to share a playlist on Spotify with a desktop:
- 1. Launch the Spotify desktop app.
- 2. At the left panel of the screen, Click on the playlist you want to share.
- 3. Click on the three dots next to the Add Person icon.
- 4. On the menu that appears, select Share.
- 5. Click on the Copy link option. Then, send the link to your friends via social media or email. You can also post it on any platform for the public.
When trying to share your mixtape on the Spotify desktop app, you’ll notice that one of the options is “Embed playlist”.
The embed function allows you to create a fancy, clickable picture or button which you can post on a blog or website that’ll lead people to your playlist. It’s more presentable than adding excessive music links on your site.
If you don’t want to download the desktop app, then you can login directly to the Spotify official website and use Spotify’s web app version. The process of sharing a playlist is also the same on the web app.
How to share Spotify playlist on mobile
The mobile app offers an array of options, ranging from copying the album link to sharing your Spotify playlist on WhatsApp, Instagram, or other platforms.
Use the “Copy link” option
To simply get your playlist link, follow the steps below:
- 1. Launch the Spotify mobile app
- 2. Click on Your Library.
- 3. Select the playlist you want to share.
- 4. Tap on the three vertical dots next to the Add user icon.
- 5. On the list that appears, scroll down and choose Share.
- 6. Tap on Copy link. Then, send the link as a direct message, email or use it on your social media posts, like Instagram Story.
How to share Spotify playlist on social media
Whether you want to share your Spotify playlist on WhatsApp or Instagram, do this:
- 1. On Spotify, go to Your Library
- 2. Select the playlist you want to share.
- 3. Tap on the three vertical dots next to the Add user icon.
- 4. On the list that appears, scroll down and choose Share.
- 5. Then, tap on the social media of your choice, and send it to your friends or any of your family members.
- 6. If you can’t find the app you want, tap on More to display all apps on your phone that support media.
If part of the pop-up that displays the social media apps is hidden, drag it up with your finger so you can see all options, including “More”.
Share your playlist with Spotify code
This code is a scannable image that users can quickly scan to access a music playlist on Spotify. It’s an interesting feature that enables you to creatively share your playlists on stickers, banners, websites, and much more.
Important to notice that this option is only available on the Spotify mobile app.
To create a Spotify code so you can share your playlist, go through the following steps:
- 1. Click on Your Library.
- 2. Choose a playlist you want to share.
- 3. Click on the three dots beside the Add user icon.
- 4. Scroll down the menu to Show Spotify Code.
- 5. Screenshot the image and send it to your pals. Better still, post it online for other people, print it so you can send to people, or even create stickers. They’ll scan it to get to your playlist in no time.
Depending on your phone resolution settings, you may be unable to capture a clear screenshot.
To get a higher resolution code:
- 1. Click on the three dots again.
- 2. Select Copy link.
- 3. Visit the Spotify codes website on your browser. It’s a dedicated Spotify website to create Spotify codes.
- 4. Enter the playlist link you copied.
- 5. Click on continue. The image will appear.
- 6. Click on Download. Then accept the prompt.
- 7. Go to your device media or gallery. Select the image and send or upload it on any app.
How to share Spotify playlist using TuneMyMusic
Tune My Music is a must-have smart link tool for every music lover out there. With it, you can do a lot of things like transferring a Spotify playlist to Apple Music, managing your songs, syncing playlists in multiple streaming services and so much more.
Aside from that, TuneMyMusic allows others to copy and play your Spotify playlist from anywhere, including on Apple Music, Deezer, Amazon music, and TIDAL.
The best part is that you don’t even need to create an account on TuneMyMusic website to share your playlist.
Here’s how to share your mixtape using TuneMyMusic:
- 1. Visit the Tune My Music website.
- 2. On the top right corner of the screen, click on Quick actions. Then, select Share.
- 3, Click on Share Your Music.
- 4. Then click on the playlist source, which is Spotify in this case.
- 5. Log into your Spotify account using your Google, Facebook, Apple, phone number, or email and password.
- 6. Read the terms and conditions. Then click on Agree to allow TuneMyMusic to take charge of your Spotify activity.
- 7. Click on Load from Spotify account.
- 8. Uncheck My Spotify Music Library if you don’t want to share all your playlists and music library.
- 9. Then check the box beside the playlist of your choice. Now, click on Share.
- 10. On the new window, click on Save & Share.
- 11. Click on Copy, to copy the link that you can share to anyone.
You can also send the playlist link you have just copied directly to Facebook, Messenger, Twitter, Whatsapp, or Instagram.
Also, you can customize the playlist share page with a title of your choice.
Why should I use TuneMyMusic?
You should use TuneMyMusic to share your Spotify playlist because not only is it faster, but it also allows recipients to access your playlist regardless of the music app they use.
This means that one can copy and play your Spotify playlist on Deezer, Apple Music, Youtube Music, SoundCloud, Amazon Music, and so on, using your unique link.
In addition to that, with TuneMyMusic, you can convert your playlist from one music platform to another. This eliminates any effort or time you would have to spend manually recreating playlists on different apps.
Popular conversions on the website are:
- • Deezer to Spotify
- • Spotify to Apple Music
- • YouTube Music to SoundCloud
- • Deezer to Qobuz
- • Amazon Music to TIDAL
- • TIDAL to Deezer
- • YouTube Music to Spotify
Tune My Music does not lose essential metadata like song titles, artists, and albums or mix them up during playlist conversion. So you can still keep track of your mixtape.
In addition to that, the TuneMyMusic website is intuitive and user-friendly. All features and icons are rightly placed and well labeled that even a total beginner can navigate seamlessly without help.
Because Tune My Music understands how important your privacy is, it employs strict security measures to ensure your data is safe from trackers and third-parties.
Furthermore, it commits to looking for new ways to improve by updating features and keeping up with changes in music streaming platforms.
Another thing that makes this service stand out is that it doesn’t allow you to lose playlists or songs. Whether you mistakenly deleted them or not, the backup feature always comes to the rescue.
Lastly, Tune My Music has reliable, friendly and available customer service. If you encounter persistent technical issues on the website, rest assured the support team will be there to help you push through.
How to put your Spotify playlist in private
By default, Spotify playlists are public. However, If you want to keep your musical choices under wraps, probably because it’s too personal, there’s a way to go about it.
After placing your playlist in private, only those you invite will access it, and will prevent other people from sharing the playlist as well.
Follow these steps to make your playlist private:
- 1. Launch the Spotify mobile app
- 2. Click on Your Library.
- 3. Select the playlist you want to share.
- 4. Tap on the three vertical dots next to the download icon.
- 5. Click on Make Private. Do the same for the pop-up.
A message confirming that your playlist is now private will flash on your screen. A closed padlock icon under the name of your playlist is another evidence that the switch was successful.
Use the same steps to make it public again.
Spotify not working? Try these fixes!
A poor internet connection, an outdated app version, account restriction, and a technical issue may cause issues with sharing a playlist on Spotify.
When this happens, perform these preliminary checks first:
- • Ensure your internet connection is stable.
- • Restart your device.
- • Free up some space on your phone or PC.
- • Update Spotify
- • Check the Spotify Status account on X (formerly Twitter) to see if the platform is facing any technical issues.
In addition to that, a Spotify family account has certain restrictions when it comes to the sharing of playlists. Try to share your playlist from a personal account instead.
Another common issue users’ face is broken links. This is a situation where the other people can’t access your playlists through the link you generated.
To fix this, try copying the link again on Spotify. Afterwards, send it to a friend to test it or try reopening it by yourself.
Final thoughts on how to share a Spotify playlist
There’s a deep satisfaction that accompanies creating something of your own, then sharing it to the world – it doesn’t matter if it’s just friends and family.
I totally understand this feeling. That’s why there are solutions like TuneMyMusic Share that help you spread the love through music using your Spotify playlist so everyone can access that hidden gem you have curated with such care.
With this new found knowledge, go into the world and share your Spotify playlist with some sound and lyrical love.
If you liked this tutorial and want to learn more tricks on using Spotify, check our How-To page with multiple articles to guide you on making the best out of your music streaming experience.