Do you remember those movies in which every single character would suddenly break out into a perfectly choreographed dance when music played, no matter what he/she/they were doing before?
The movie 500 Days of Summer is a great example of how music can set the tone for an entire scene.
In the film 500 Days of Summer, Joseph Gordon Levitt’s character Tom is elated to have slept with his dream girl, “Summer” (Zooey Deschanel), and steps outside into a dance number set to Hall & Oates’ “You Make My Dreams.” The happiness Tom feels is infectious—so much so that everyone he meets in New York City begins to dance, in complete sync to the number, with him.
Although it might be impossible to create a perfect random flash mob every time our mood is just right, we can get pretty close by creating playlists that fit these moods. Even better, we can name the playlists to fit our day; knowing that once you press play, there will be no doubt that they’re perfect for what you need.
Spotify, Apple Music, and YouTube are all great music streaming services. They offer a huge collection of songs and videos, for some, that can make your life more fun. They also allow you to create playlists with your favorite songs, which helps you make plans with friends or share what you listen to with others on social media.
If you’re looking to build a playlist that will fit your mood, motivate you during study sessions, pump up your heart before workouts, or get the party started with friends, look no further!
In this blog post, you’ll find a collection of playlist name ideas in categories such as Playlist Names For When You’ve Booked A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel, Road Trip Playlist Names, Playlist Names To Set The Mood For Romance, and more. We’ve attached links to the top 5 playlists in every category to help you feed your creative side.
Keep reading after you’ve perused our lists of winning playlist names for our curated tips and tricks to help you build your own ultimate playlist; coming up with the perfect name for it will be the icing on top.
Quick links to the Playlist list names:
- The Funniest Playlist Names
- Heartbreak Playlist Names
- Best Party Playlist Names
- Road Trip Playlist Names
- Workouts Playlist Name
- Best Romance Playlist Names
- Aesthetic Playlist Name
- Building Your Own Playlist
The Funniest Playlist Names
We could all use a little humor in our lives, so why not build the perfect playlist to get you in the right frame of mind? While not all these playlists are meant to tickle your funny bone (hello, emo), the titles sure are.
Look to these playlist titles for inspiration; what sparks your creativity? Is it songs played while you’re guzzling margaritas with your girlfriends? Or soothing tunes to help subside road rage during your long commute? Find what speaks to you and get busy making your perfect playlist.
- 1. Songs that make me question my life
- 2. The Ex Girlfriends Club
- 3. An Incomplete List of Songs I Love That You Probably Hate
- 4. If you like anxiety, you should try depression
- 5. My Favorite Trashy Pop Songs for When I’m Feeling Basic 💁🏻
- 6. Dance to These If You Want To Get Fired
- 7. It’s rude it isn’t Friday
- 8. This senorita needs a margarita
- 9. Music is cheaper than therapy
- 10. I make pour 🍷 decisions
- 11. it’s not a phase mom (emo-pop/mall-emo and post-hardcore)
- 12. One for when the homies ain’t around
- 13. Songs that were stuck in my head for a really long time
- 14. Tunes for when the robots rise up and accuse us of cultural appropriation
- 15. Summer…of I don’t know, I hope not depression, cuz it’s getting old at this point
- 16. Cowabunga, mom
- 17. You’re hot, cupcake
- 18. it’s my mental breakdown, i get to choose the music!
- 19. pH balance of 14
- 20. I’ll take emo again for 500 Alex
Playlist Names For When You’ve Booked A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel
We’ve all been there, sad, broken-hearted, or maybe feeling angry and vengeful. Either way, a breakup can have you feeling all the feels, and nothing will understand your emotions better than a perfect breakup song.
Making a playlist for each stage of your emotional journey can help you heal. Try building a playlist for where you are in the moment but also create one of hope and excitement for where you want to be when you’re ready to move on.
- 1. Catch Flights, Not Feelings
- 2. Picking up the Pieces While You’re Broken Hearted
- 3. When Life Gets Hard, Put on a Breakup Song or Ten
- 4. Breakup for breakdown
- 5. Heartbroken but Still Hotter Than Everyone
- 6. Crying Pillow
- 7. Maybe Not Baby
- 8. Wake Up in the Morning and Your SO Isn’t Next to you
- 9. The Tear Ducts
- 10. My Ex Is Trash
- 11. Still Think About You
- 12. Rehab
- 13. Makeup Remover
- 14. When You Don’t Know WTF To Feel
- 15. When All You Want Is Your Dog And Your Pickup Truck
- 16. When You’re Weirdly OK With Your Split
- 17. Go Big – And Scream
- 18. Go Your Own Way
- 19. Gonna get over you
- 20. Don’t Get Mad, Get Even
How about if you’re the best friend with an awesome playlist to cheer up your brokenhearted buddy? But… You can’t share your playlist because they have Apple Music, and your playlist lives on Spotify. That’ll never work, right?
Wrong. TuneMyMusic’s newest program feature allows you to share playlists between platforms. So, even if your best friend won’t admit that androids are better than iPhones, you can still help them heal their broken heart.
Playlist Names To Help You Get The Party Started
Everyone needs a go-to party playlist. Whether pregaming at home or trying to kick off a party, build a playlist full of driving beats and pump up the volume.
When building your party playlist, think about where you’ll be playing it and who will be listening. Keeping that in mind will get you the perfect party playlist each and every time.
- 1. The Soundtrack to Your Summer
- 2. The Quirkiest Dance Party In The World
- 3. A Playlist for Every Occasion
- 4. Here’s to the good times
- 5. Turn Up the Volume
- 6. Dance with Somebody
- 7. Last Friday Night
- 8. Last Minute Party Playlist
- 9. Party Next Door
- 10. Hype It Up
- 11. Powerful Vibes
- 12. Bachelorette Party Playlist
- 13. PARTY ANTHEMS
- 14. Tomorrow x together
- 15. Songs drunk girls get excited about
- 16. Groove Zone
- 17. Cocktails & Dreams
- 18. All Together Now
- 19. Songs with nothing but beat drops
- 20. Right On The Dance Floor
Road Trip Playlist Names
In the movie Identity Thief, Melissa McCarthy rocks out to every song Jason Bateman puts on the radio as they cruise down the highway. She knows every word of every song. Isn’t that just how road trips are supposed to be? Singing away the long miles seems to make the trip go by much faster.
Create the perfect playlist with easy beats and songs with words everyone knows to help pass the miles. Make memories that last a lifetime with their very own soundtrack.
- 1. Classic Road Trip Songs
- 2. Drive Through The Mountains
- 3. Throwbacks To Scream To In The Car
- 4. Nighttime Drive
- 5. Road Trip Sing-Along Songs
- 6. It’s Time To Get Going
- 7. Family Road Trip
- 8. Road Trip Vibes
- 9. Driving In The Rain
- 10. Soul Scroll
- 11. Travelers
- 12. Driving Fast
- 13. Rough Riders
- 14. Highway Stuff
- 15. Oh, The Places We Go
- 16. Shotgun Rider
- 17. Car Concerts
- 18. What A Trip
- 19. She’s A Little Runaway
- 20. Go! Go! Go!
Playlist Names To Help You Achieve Maximum Effort In Your Workouts
Who doesn’t like inspirational beats flowing through their earphones as they pump up their muscles? And for hitting the elliptical or treadmill, you definitely need a power playlist to help push you toward the finish line.
Choosing your playlist name can be just as important as the songs on it. Pick something powerful that inspires you and choose songs that have a good steady beat and make you feel confident and strong.
- 1. Let Me Get a Pump In
- 2. Max Out the Volume, Max Out Your Lifts
- 3. Songs That Make Me Feel Like I Could Run a Marathon
- 4. Glow-Up Loading
- 5. Songs That Make Me Hate Burpees a Little Less
- 6. What Would Beyonce Do
- 7. Be a Badass With a Good Ass
- 8. Run Like You’re Being Chased
- 9. Salute your (gym) shorts
- 10. (t)Werk Out
- 11. The Gym Is Cheaper Than Therapy
- 12. Run Without Dying
- 13. Don’t Need Pre-Workout
- 14. Songs That Make Me Feel Powerful
- 15. Full Body Experience
- 16. Any Time Fitness
- 17. Beast Mode: Activated
- 18. Aggressively Happy Vibes
- 19. Plank So Hard
- 20. Gym Demon Time
Playlist Names To Set The Mood For Romance
When inviting your significant other over to Netflix and chill, you might never need to turn on the TV or smart speaker if you have the right playlist on when they get there. It’s all about setting the mood.
Build your playlist with purpose, from slow and seductive makeout music to beat-driven hot and sexy jams. Tonight is the night-build your playlist, put on a bottle of wine to chill, and call your significant other to come over.
- 1. Amorous Desire
- 2. Love Spell Ballads
- 3. Snuggle Favorites
- 4. Chocolate and Wine
- 5. Smooch Anthems
- 6. Cuddle Bangers
- 7. Warm Embrace
- 8. Just You and Me
- 9. Smash (the) Bros
- 10. Makeout Music
- 11. Pure Moods
- 12. Date Night
- 13. The Art Of Eye Contact
- 14. Bedroom Acoustics
- 15. Silk Sheets
- 16. Make Out Sessions
- 17. Hold Me Closer
- 18. Beats Between The Sheets
- 19. Make Up And Make Out
- 20. The Most Romantic Songs In The World
Playlist Names To Fit Your Aesthetic
Then there are times you need a playlist just because you need a playlist. And that’s ok. It may be as much fun creating this list as it is listening to it. It’s a whole mood, so enjoy it.
- 1. WAP (Worship and Praise)
- 2. Emo Throwbacks
- 3. I Am The Primordial Goddess
- 4. Puff Puff Play
- 5. Black Sheep Anthems
- 6. Heartcore Pop
- 7. Depression And Dirty Laundry
- 8. Born in the wrong generation
- 9. Sad Goth Twerking
- 10. Manifestation Mantras
- 11. Gore Rhythm
- 12. Zombie Playoffs
- 13. Being a Misfit 🤖 👽 👾
- 14. The anguish of an upper-class, white, suburban teen with a popular grunge blog on Tumblr who just had their first amicable break-up and wants the world to know how sad they are
- 15. Getting ready for no specific occasion
- 16. In love with your straight best friend
- 17. Dark smokey 80s synth songs that have become popular as of late
- 18. Is it 2009 again?
- 19. Mercury Retrograde Survival Plan
- 20. Meet me downtown at the dive bar
Questions To Ask Yourself When Building Your Playlist
Now that you have a healthy dose of inspiration let’s take a look at what you need to create the best playlist for your listening pleasure.
1. Does the order of your playlist matter?
It does if each track tells its own part of a larger story. However, if all of the songs tell different parts of the same story, listening to them in shuffle mode won’t ruin your experience.
Keep in mind the longer the playlist, the more likely it is to get shuffled.
2. Are you trying to create a playlist that evokes a certain mood or feeling?
When creating a playlist to keep your heart pumping and motivation strong in the gym, steer clear of Eric Clapton’s “Tears In Heaven.” And if you need to create a romantic atmosphere—maybe skip any songs from Slipknot.
Pick out that spark that you want your music selection to maintain and fill it with songs like those.
3. Is this playlist a guilty pleasure or made to be shared?
Are you secretly a huge fan of Nickelback but don’t want to be teased for it by your friends? Or are you creating this playlist intending to entertain yourself and keep your pals grooving all night long?
You’ll want to consider how many, as well as whose, ears will be listening when designing your playlist. So, get creative, but don’t expose yourself trying to be too much and have people not understand what you meant with the name since they don’t get it. Of course, this doesn’t apply if the playlist is your own little secret.
4. Is the playlist limited to one event or made to be listened to on repeat?
Suppose you’re making a playlist for your sister’s wedding, including songs that everyone can enjoy—even if they aren’t your favorites. A good tip here is to check the hit parade from radio stations and best-played songs by year for the last 5 years. You will find those songs that you loved but forgot it was a hit 2 years ago, and you simply didn’t remember them.
If you’re looking for a playlist that will stand the test of time, it’s important to include songs that aren’t likely to make you want to throw your headphones out the window.
5. What is the best playlist name to fit your compilation?
When it comes to choosing your playlist name, there are a lot of options. You can give it a name that describes the music or artists in the playlist, like “Best Pop Songs of 2019” or “My Favorite Hip Hop Artists.” You could also choose to go with something silly like “Playlist for My Bae” or “Party Music for Your Next Event—Free.” Be sure to bookmark this article so you can reference it anytime you need a dose of inspiration to help you create the perfect playlist name!
The first step to finding the best playlist name is to ask yourself what qualities you look for in a playlist name. Do you want it to be unique? Should it describe the music inside? Or should it be memorable, fun, and shareable? If you found a playlist name that has all these characteristics and answers the questions, you may have found the perfect playlist name!
Now that you have your perfect music lineup and the best playlist name (you did come up with a good one, after all), you want to share it with all of your friends—not just those who use Spotify, right? But how do you share your playlist with your friends and have it show up on their app if they’re not Spotify users?
Tune My Music is here to save the day! We’ve made it simple to share your playlists with friends no matter what platform they prefer. Check out our latest feature today to get started.