It’s no secret that Spotify’s shared playlists are popular. It’s common to find a playlist on Facebook, Twitter, or even Snapchat created by one person and then shared with others. In fact, if you take a stroll over to Reddit, you can discover a shared Spotify playlist for virtually every type of mood or occasion. If you haven’t yet, check out our article on the Best Playlist Names to get you started with your search.
When you collaborate with friends to make a playlist, it can be difficult to share ideas and get everyone on the same page about what songs go, what mood they want the music in—and even how to name it once finished.
That’s why Spotify has launched Blend, a new feature that allows multiple users to create and edit playlists collaboratively. In this article, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about what it is—and how you can start making your own blends on Spotify!
- What Makes Spotify Stand Out?
- What Exactly Is Blend Spotify?
- How To Make A Blend On Spotify
- How to create a blend with an artists on Spotify
- Transferring Spotify Blend Playlist to Another Streaming Service
What Makes Spotify Stand Out Over Other Streaming Services?
Spotify is a popular music streaming service with a vast music collection from different genres and regions. It allows users to create playlists, follow artists, and discover new music. Spotify has established itself as one of the leading music streaming services, with over 489 million active users as of 2023. One main factor that sets Spotify apart from other streaming services is its extensive music library. Spotify has a massive collection of over 100 million tracks from various genres and regions, making it one of the most comprehensive music libraries available. This extensive collection means that users can find almost any song they are looking for, carefully curated playlists, and they can also discover new music through Spotify’s personalized recommendations.
Did we mention Spotify also has over 5 million podcast titles? Unlike Apple Music, you won’t have to leave Spotify’s app to listen to your favorite podcast hosts tell you their story of the day.
Another key feature that sets Spotify apart from other streaming services is its algorithmic recommendations. Spotify’s algorithm uses a combination of factors, such as user listening history, playlist choices, and search history, to create personalized playlists that cater to each user’s preferences. The more a user interacts with the platform, the better the recommendations become, creating a self-reinforcing cycle of discovery that keeps users engaged with the platform.
Finally, Spotify’s social features are another significant advantage. Users can connect with their friends and follow each other’s playlists, making music discovery a more collaborative experience. This social aspect of the platform adds an additional layer of engagement, as users can share their music preferences with others and discover new playlists from their friends. Overall, these features make Spotify stand out as a leading music streaming service that offers a comprehensive music library, personalized recommendations, and a social aspect that keeps users engaged and connected.
What Exactly Is Blend Spotify?
Given how much we sang Spotify’s praises in the above section, you might wonder how Spotify could get any better. Well then, let me introduce you to one of its lesser-known features, Spotify Blends.
Spotify Blends is a unique feature that lets you create a playlist that combines your music taste with another user’s taste in music. Discovering new music and seeing how your taste compares to your friends or family members is fun.
Music has always been a unifying force, bringing people together for generations. In the spirit of this tradition, Spotify launched Blend to take listening with friends further than ever—by creating playlists that combine everyone’s taste in music into one ultimate playlist you can all share.
The Blend feature combines the best elements of Spotify’s online music-sharing technology and its personalization capabilities, so users can enjoy listening sessions perfectly suited to their tastes.
Spotify’s Blend feature lets you collaborate with up to 10 people while building your newest Spotify playlists. We can already hear the whole squad jamming out on the next get-together.
Psst!! Did we mention that you don’t need to be a Spotify Premium member to utilize Spotify’s Blend feature? How awesome is that?
However, if you are curious about the difference between Spotify’s Free and Premium plans, be sure to check our article, Premium vs. Free Spotify: Which Is Right for You.
Ready To Get Started With The Latest Spotify Listen Together Feature? Here’s How To Make A Blend On Spotify
There are two methods on creating a blend on Spotify.
Method one on create a Spotify Blend is:
- – Open Your Spotify App
- – Tap the Your Library option at the bottom of the screen.
- – Select “Blend”
- – Now you’ll see the option to “Invite”
- – You can choose to copy the link, send the link in a message, send the link over social media, or send the link in an email. When your friends get the invite they’ll see the option to “Join This Blend”
- – Once your friend has accepted the invite, the app will generate your shared Blend Spotify playlist, which will include songs and recommendations that reflect everyone’s music preferences and tastes. They’ll also include cards that tell you how similar or different your tastes are. For example, when I sent an invite to my husband, Spotify created a card that told me: “If you two aren’t best friends yet, you should be!”
- – You’ll even be able to see which songs were added for which friend.
- – After everyone has joined the collaborative playlist, you and your friends will receive a custom share card that you can use to spread the word on social media.
The second method on creating a Blend with your group is the follow:
- – Open Your Spotify App
- – Tap the search option
- – Search “Blend”
- – You’ll see option bubbles underneath the search bar, tap on Genres & Moods
- – Then, tap “Blend”
- – Tap on the square with a + to create a blend
- – Now you’ll see the option to “Invite”
- – From now on, the process will be similar to the previous method.
- – Once everyone has joined the Blend, you will have a unique playlist generated between you and your friends based on your tastes and matches with cool stats and images so you can share how your music listening is similar or not!
How to create a blend with an artists on Spotify
Thanks to yet another fantastic addition from Spotify, you can now use Spotify Blend to find out how your favorite music artist’s tastes compare to yours and create a playlist made just for you based on their influences when you make a Blend with 1 of 20 different artists.
Some of the artists that you can blend and create personalized playlists between your taste and them are: BTS, Charli XCX, JO1, Kacey Musgraves, Lauv, Megan Thee Stallion, BE:FIRST, Mimi Webb, NiziU, Tai Verdes, Xamã, Camilo, Diplo, Angèle, Badshah, Kim Loaiza, CRO, Benjamin Ingrosso, Bennett Coast, and AB6IX. Just click on one of those links to create a new blend with them. Important to notice that to see the cards created just for the blend, you need to open those links on your Spotify mobile app.
To create a Blend with your favorite artists on Spotify, you also can do:
- Check the artist’s social media or news update to find the Blend invite link. Or you can simply use one of the links listed above
- Tap the link and open it in your Spotify app
- Spotify app will open already with the cards of the Blend betwenn you and the artists profile.
- Tap on “Go to your Blend” on the last card
- Now you just need to favorite this playlist, and it will be saved in your library or in your Blends
You can view your Blend by checking playlists saved or searching for your blends under the Genre section when you search for Blend, which will lead you to your Blends page. You can also view your Spotify Blend cards whenever you want by visiting the blend page you have made with someone or the blend playlist, tapping the three dots, and selecting the “View Blend story” option.
Spotify Blend will create a playlist combining some of your favorite artists’ songs with the tracks you like best, all personalized just for you. Spotify will also give you a card featuring a taste-match score, showing how well your tastes align. These cards will allow you, and your friends, to see your listening preferences compared with the artist’s and can be shared directly on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or Snapchat.
Another great thing about Blend Spotify is that they’re dynamic. As you and your Blend-Friends listen to more music, the playlist will update to reflect your changing tastes. You can also share the Blend with others by sending them a link or sharing it on social media.
In conclusion, Spotify Blends are a fun and easy way to discover new music and share your musical tastes with others. Following the simple steps outlined above, you can create your own Blend and explore new music today. So, try it and see what new music you can discover with your friends and family!
Transferring Spotify Blend Playlist to Another Streaming Service
Did you like the playlist the Spotify Blend created for you, and now you want to transfer it to, let’s say, Apple Music or Deezer? This is possible thanks to TuneMyMusic! With this playlist management solution, you send your blend playlist to any other music platform, keep it synced, or even make an offline backup.
The first step to transferring your Spotify Blend playlist to another service is to create a new playlist that you own from Spotify Blend. To do so, you need to:
- – Access the Blend you have created.
- – Tap on the three dots next to the option of adding a new person to the Blend or next to the option to download the playlist (on the desktop version)
- – A menu will appear. Select the “Add to other playlist” option.
- – Choose the option to create a new playlist and name your new playlist and
Now you will have a playlist that you can manage and transfer to wherever you want using TuneMyMusic. To transfer it using the service, do the following:
- – Access the TuneMyMusic website and tap on “Let’s start”
- – Chose Spotify as your source for the transfer
- – Select the playlist that you own and that you have created from the Blend. You might have to deselect the “My Spotify Music Library” option and select just the playlist you have created from the Blend. Now tap or click on “Choose Destination”
- – Select the target platform to which you want to transfer your Spotify Blend Playlist.
- – Double-check if you have selected the right playlist, and then tap/click on “Start Transfer”
The transfer will start. Once it finishes, you will have your Spotify Blend playlist transferred to the other service that you chose.
If you liked this content and want to know more about Spotify tricks and learn everything to boost your music streaming experience, check out our section containing all our How-To articles.